Friday, May 31, 2019

An Adventure

After we left Strangford Lough, things got very busy. Blogging was hard, because we were tired enough every night that I couldn’t think!  Now we’re sitting, waiting to board our flight home!  But I wanted to tell you about One Irish Adventure.

We were enjoying a whiskey one evening with one of our hosts. I mentioned  I wanted a sheep stick as a souvenir. Because Molly and I herd, I do have a stick which I use, but, like most utilitarian sticks, its a golf club shaft adapted for herding. I wanted something special.

Next thing I knew, we were in the car, heading across Donegal, to meet an elderly gentleman who makes them.



They were all beautiful. Before I could even think to take pictures, we had negotiated a lovely purchase and were listening to him play on his guitar. It was really lovely, and, now, I have a stick !

 




No comments:

Post a Comment